The Andress Family Register, a work in progress, documents the descendants of Jacob Andress of Beattystown, NJ. The AFR is found in the Archive 18 June - 02 Aug. 2007. The AFR has also been added to rootsweb.com.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

1809 Will of Jacob Andres of Mansfield Township

The Last Will and Testament
of Jacob Andres dec.
Filed 15th Aug 1809
Recorded in Lib. A of
Will Bo. 173 4
D. Stuart Surrogate
1195 S

In the name of God Amen. I Jacob Andres of the Township of Mansfield, County of Sussex and the State of New Jersey, being of sound mind and memory, do make and publish this for my Last Will and Testament.

First, I give and bequeath to my Dear Wife Holly Andres all that house and lott of land whereon I now live, with all the buildings and things there unto belonging; so long as she the said Holly Andres shall continue my Widow. I likewise bequeath to my said Wife - one cow, three hogs, five sheep, two beds and beding, one set of bed curtains, meal barrel, five [---?---], crockery, kettles, pails, wash tub, [soap? and soap?] barrels, churn and all other kitchen furniture, my large bibble, one third part of all the grain that shall be raised on my land this season, with seven dollars in cash to be paid within forty days after my decease.

Second, I give unto my daughter Sarah ten dollars.

Third, all the residue of my Estate after payment of debts I give and devise to my children equally to be divided amongst them share and share alike, excepting my daughter Sarah who is to take nothing under this devise of the residue.

Fourth, all my Estate both real and personal excepting that part I have bequeathed to my wife shall be sold within Eight months after my decease and the money arising from said sales, after paying all my debts, shall be put out at interest and my children shall receive their [------?------] shares as they become of age with interest on said shares.

Fifth, at the Marriage or Death of my wife the afore said House and lott shall be sold and the money arising from said sale shall be divided amongst my children share and share alike (excepting my daughter Sarah who shall take nothing under this devise) those of my children who may be under age at the time of my wifes marriage or death, such childrens shares, shall be put out to interest, until they become of age, at which time they shall receive their shares with interest. I appoint John Hance and John Hockenberry Executors of this my Testament and last will In Witness Whereof I Have hereto set my hand and seal this Fourteenth day of June in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Nine.

JACOB ANDERS

Signed, sealed, published, and declared by the said Jacob Andress to be his testament and last will in the presence of us.

JAMES RUSLING
ROBT COMPTON
JAMES LARASON

Sussex County SS
James Larason one of the witnesses to the within will being duly sworn, did [--?--] & say, that he saw Jacob Andrews the Testator therein named [---?---] the same & heard him publish pronounce & declare the within writing to be his latest will & testament, & that at the doing thereof the said testator was of sound & deposing mind & memory as far as this [---?---knows &---?---] believes, and James Russling, & Robert Compton the other subscribing witnesses [---?---] named as witnesses to the said will together with this [---?---] the presence of the said testator

JAMES LARASON

Sworn at Newton the 15th day of August Anno Domini 1809 before me

Sussex County SS
John Hance & John Hockenbury executors named in the within testament, being duly sworn, did severally declare that the within writing contains the [true?] last will & testament of Jacob Andrews the testator therein named as far as they know and [-------?--------] that they will [will?] thereby perform the same by first paying the debts of the said dec’d and then the legacies in the said testament specified as far as the goods, chattels & [credits?] [can thereunto --?--] And that they will make & exhibit unto the Surrogate offices of Sussex a true & perfect inventory of all & singular the goods chattels & credits of the said dec’d that have & shall come to their knowledge or possession or to the possession of any other person or persons [of --?] their use & under [--?--] amount when [thereunto ---?---]

JOHN HANCE
JOHN HOCKENBERY

Sworn at Newton the 15th day of August Anno Domini 1809 before me

Sussex
The Inventory of the Personal Estate of Jacob Andrews dec’d
Filed 15th Aug. 1809
& Recorded in Lib B of
Inventories Fo. 21
D. Stuart Surrogate
1195S

A True Inventory taken and appraised of the goods chattels rites and credits of Jacob Andress late of Mansfield deceased By James White & George Merrit August 7th 1809

1 Sorrel Mare, 60
1 Black Do, 60
a Lot of Rye, 8
a Do of Wheat, 40
a Do of Buckwheat, 10
1 Harrow, 2
a Lot of Corn & Potatoes, 30
1 Cow,13
1 Heffer, 12
1 yearling Calf,5
1 Cow at Wicoffs, 16
1 Calf, 2
1 Wagon, 20
1 Slead, 2
1 Cutting Box, 3
1 Half Bushel & Pail, .60
1 Set of Geers for 2 Horses,10
a Lot of [-----?------] straps, 1
a Lot of Hay, 6
a Set of Blacksmith Tools, 25
1 Bed and Beding, 10
3 Winsor Chair,2.50
1 Dining chr, 1
1 Brackfast Table, 3
1 Bofat, 6
a Lot of Books, .50
1 Chest,1
1 Do, .50
1 Bed, 6
1 Do,4
a Lot of flaxseed, 1
$ 361.10

Brought Over, $361.10
a Half Hoghead, .25
1 Chest, 1.50
1 Iron bound Kegg, 1
2 Spining Wheels, 3
[----?-----], 25
1 Piece of fold cloath, 10
Boates and [---?---], 2.50
Rasor and Box, .25
a lot of wool, 7
1 Shovel, 1
11 Swarmes Bees, 22
1 Side Saddel, 2
Account Books unsettled and unknown as yet
1 Plough, 4
4 Pigs or Shots, 2
1 Tunnel Bed, 2
1 Sythe and loader, 2
1 Large wheele, 2.50
$449.10
JAMES WHITE

Specific Legacy to the widow
3 Hogs, 11
1 Cow, 20
1 Wacher Mesheen, 8
1 Large Bible, 6
2 Beds and Beding and Certains, 50
a Lot of [ Crockery? in the --?--], 4
a Dresser and all therein, 5
a lot of Trim, 2
a Do of [Mallow?] ware, 8
a pane and [----------?---------], 4
1 Lantern, .75
a coffe mill & tra, 1
8 Chairs, 3
1 Kichen Table, 2
$124.75

Jno Hockenbury one of the executors named in the last will & testament of the within named Jacob Andrus dec’d being duly sworn did declare that the within writing contains a true & perfect inventory of all & singular the goods chattels & credits of the said dec’d that have come to his knowledge or possession or to the possession of any other person or persons [---?---]

JOHN HOCKENBERY

Sworn at Newton the 15th day of August Anno Domini 1809 before me
D. STUART Surrogate

No comments: