The Andress Family Register, a work in progress, documents the descendants of Jacob Andress of Beattystown, NJ. The AFR is found in the Archive 18 June - 02 Aug. 2007. The AFR has also been added to rootsweb.com.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Introduction

Welcome to Andress Antiquities. This site will serve as an archive for my research and documentation of the history of the Andress family of northwest New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania. My great-great grandfather, Hampton W. Andress, moved from Blairstown, New Jersey to Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, sometime around 1870. There he married Eliza Ann Snyder, a descendant of an old pioneer family of Pennsylvania Germans. Hampton was the grandson of Jacob Andress of Beattystown, Warren County, New Jersey. For now, Jacob is as far as I’ve gotten in my research. Most of the work of this website will be dedicated to the documentation of his descendants. Hopefully, an equal amount of time can be spent documenting my search for Jacob’s parents and his ancestral home. However, thus far, information on Jacob has proven to be quite elusive. I’ve also researched a few other 18th and 19th century New Jersey families with similar surnames such as Andrews, Andries, Anders, etc. I will be posting information about those families as well. In addition, I intend to include on this site information about the families that have married into the Andress family. Occasionally I may also post information in regard to the history of the places in which our families have lived. So even if you’re not an Andress you may still find something of interest. Please contact me or leave a note if you have any questions or comments or would like to make additions or corrections. I hope you find this archive helpful in your own quest.


For Kith & Kin,
Jeremy J. Andress

andress1776@hotmail.com

No comments: